B&J is a leading dive educator in Peninsular Malaysia and a PADI 5 Star IDC Centre which has won multiple awards for our contribution to diver education. Choose from a wide range of PADI dive courses with flexible study options for your scuba diving certification.
If you don’t have enough time for a full PADI dive course then Discover Scuba Diving is your choice. To get certified as a diver chose the PADI Open Water course. Check-out all the other options below if you’re already a certified diver.
PADI Discover Scuba Diving
Get a glimpse into scuba diving with the DSD program
Have you ever wondered what it’s like to breathe underwater? If you want to find out but aren’t quite ready to take the plunge into a certification course then join our PADI Discover Scuba Diving program (aka DSD), which allows you to try scuba diving first to see if you like it.
While not an actual scuba certification, during the Discover Scuba Diving experience you’ll learn how to use scuba equipment in shallow water and get a quick and easy introduction to what it takes to explore the underwater world.
You will learn the basics of diving under the direct supervision of our PADI Professionals.
Pool & Beach Option
You will get your first scuba experience in our swimming pool where our PADI Instructor will take you to try out the basics of scuba diving. After practicing some necessary skills in the pool you’ll be going on a shore dive where you will find yourself gliding along the reefs and fishes of Tioman Island. This dive will take you to a maximum depth of 12 meters and the whole duration of our DSD program is around 2hrs to 3hrs.
If you’ve done a DSD program with us or someone else before then you can join our boat options. Depending on your experience we might take you first into our swimming pool and/or from shore before heading out for some boat dives in the vicinity of famous Coral Island.
Your instructor will give you a three part experience which consists of a short briefing on equipment, pressure and the marine life followed by your first confined water dive where you will learn the basics. Next you’ll experience an amazing dive (or dives) to a maximum depth of 12metres in the warm, clear waters of Tioman.
Extra DSD Dives
We can offer you additional DSD shore or boat dives on the spot just in case you get hooked after your DSD program yet don’t have enough time to conduct a full PADI course.
PADI Open Water Course
Learn to dive with the world’s most popular scuba course
Get Certified! Take a Scuba Lesson with the PADI Open Water Diver Course.
If you’ve always wanted to learn how to scuba dive, discover new adventures or simply see the wondrous world beneath the waves, this is where it all starts.
The PADI Open Water Diver course is the world’s most popular scuba course, and has introduced millions of people to the adventurous diving lifestyle.
The fun part about this course is….just about all of it because learning to dive is incredible. You breathe underwater for the first time (something you’ll never forget) and learn what you need to know to become a certified diver.
The PADI Open Water Course takes some 4 days to complete and we start courses literally every other day with small group sizes (average of 2 to 4 students).
The PADI Open Water Course (OWD) is your first step into scuba diving and certifies you to dive anywhere in the world together with a diving buddy to a maximum depth of 18 meters. The course takes some 4 days to complete, and we have courses starting almost every day with small group sizes (average of between 2 to 4 students per instructor).
We will arrange that you can complete the theory before arrival (eLearning) so you can fully focus on the practical part when you are on Tioman. The course includes 5 confined water modules where you learn the basic scuba diving skills, 4 open water dives where you demonstrate that you can perform those skills yourself. You will spend the first 3 days learning basic scuba diving skills in our pool and during shallow ocean shore dives and the last day on our dive boat where you will dive to a maximum depth of 18 meters/60 feet.
The duration of the training day will depend on your preference. We normally start at 09.00am, go twice into the water for training and are finished between 4pm to 5pm with a good hour lunch break in between.
- There will be watermanship tests:
- Swim for 200m without aids, or snorkel for 300m with fins and snorkel only
- Float/thread water for 10 minutes without aids
- Learn to skin dive
- You need to be able to answer all questions in the PADI Medical Statement with NO
Check out our PADI Open Water packages. Just let us know your preferred traveling dates and room category so that we can finalize the booking for you.
Fill out our contact form so that we can plan your perfect dive holiday.
PADI Advanced Open Water Course
Gain experience, build confidence, expand your scuba skills and have serious fun
Exploration, Excitement, Experiences
This is what the PADI Advanced Open Water Diver course (aka AOW) is all about. It is designed that you can transition straight into it after the PADI Open Water Diver course. The AOW course helps you increase your confidence and build your scuba skills so you can become more comfortable in the water. This is a great way to get more dives under your belt while continuing to learn under supervision of your PADI instructor.
The AOW course certifies you to dive to a depth of 30meters and is the required certification level in many dive destinations.
The course includes 5 adventure dives and can be completed in 2 full days. There will be no final exam and the only homework you have to do is to study the appropriate sections online with the AOW eLearning.
You’ll conduct the following dives:
- Peak Performance Buoyancy
- Underwater Navigation
- Deep Diving
- Night diving (can be changed to another adventure dive if you prefer)
- Final adventure dive for you to choose (i.e. wreck diving, fish identification, drift diving)
- You must already be a PADI Open Water Diver (or equivalent from another organisation)
- You need to be able to answer all questions in the PADI Medical Statement with NO
Check out our PADI course packages. Just let us know your preferred traveling dates and room category so that we can finalize the booking for you.
Another great option is to combine your AOW course together with the PADI Enriched Air Specialty (Nitrox aka EANx). Diving on Nitrox gives you the advantage of longer bottom times, which is especially important on deeper dives. It further provides additional safety on shallower dives and you will also feel less tired if you dive on Nitrox compared to normal air It is as such no surprise that this is the most sought after course in the world!
Let us plan your next step in dive education by filling out our contact form.
PADI Rescue Diver
Learn about self-rescue, rescuing others and the management of dive related accidents
“Challenging” and “rewarding” best describe the PADI Rescue Diver course. Building upon what you’ve learned in previous programs, this course expands on what you already know about how to prevent problems, and how to manage them if they occur.
The fun part of this course is rising to challenges and mastering them. Most divers find this course both demanding and rewarding, and at the end, say it’s the best course they’ve ever taken.
In this course you learn a lot about self-rescue, rescuing other divers and the management of dive related accidents. The main skills you learn include:
- Self-rescue during diving (i.e. cramps, out of air, entanglement etc)
- Recognizing and managing stress in other divers
- Emergency management and equipment
- Rescuing others on the surface (i.e. panic divers, tired divers etc)
- Rescuing unresponsive divers on the surface and under water
- Finding a missing diver
- Completion of several rescue scenarios
- Be 12 years or older
- Have a PADI Advanced Open Water Diver certification or equivalent
- Be trained and current for First Aid incl. CPR within the previous 2 years (e.g. PADI EFR Emergency First Responder training – our packages include this if you don’t have it yet)
- Able to answer all questions in the PADI Medical Statement with NO
We have ready made packages including the PADI Rescue and Emergency First Responder (EFR) courses. These packages include eLearning for both courses, breakfast and accommodation.
Fill out our contact form to become a PADI Rescue Diver with us.
PADI Emergency First Response
Knowing what to do when others are in need of medical assistance
First Aid and CPR are good skills for anyone involved in adventure sports – just in case. And you need these skills to participate in the PADI Rescue Diver course.
Emergency First Response is a PADI affiliate that specializes in teaching these lifesaving skills – and they’re for anyone, not just divers.
The fun part about the EFR training is learning serious medical emergency response skills in an upbeat, positive environment. You gain the confidence so that you are prepared to help in an emergency.
The program includes an academic part including the self-study of the EFR participant manual and a practical part where you will get a hand-on experience in BLS (Basic Life Support) and First Aid.
- Primary Care (CPR)– This course teaches you the steps and techniques for handling life-threatening emergencies. You’ll practice eight skills for aiding patients who aren’t breathing, have no heartbeat, may have a spinal injury, may be in shock or who may have serious bleeding. You’ll learn to how to perform CPR and continue to monitor the patient so that you provide every possible chance of survival while waiting for emergency medical services to arrive.
- Secondary Care (First Aid)– Because many medical conditions are not life-threatening and emergency medical services are sometimes delayed or unavailable, this course teaches you how to provide first aid that eases pain and reduces the risk of further harm. You’ll learn to assess a variety of injuries and illnesses and practice bandaging and splinting.
Book a slot for our EFR programs and become confident in helping others in need
Learn the theory for a PADI course online and just dive on Tioman Island!
Whether you want to learn to scuba dive or are already a scuba diver who is looking for a flexible way to fit another dive course into your busy schedule, PADI’s online scuba programs are the way to go. You can get started immediately with the knowledge development portion of the course and work at your own pace using the PADI eLearning® system. This convenient, interactive study option allows you to learn anytime and anywhere you have an internet connection. PADI eLearning lets you:
- Learn by watching, listening, reading and interacting with a dynamic instructional program.
- Access the material for one year, plus gain unlimited access to an online version of the course manual.
- Contact us anytime you have a question about what you’re learning.
- Get in the water quickly – applying what you’ve learned – when you meet with your PADI Instructor.
- Receive discounted course fees from us if you purchase an online course with PADI.
PADI Open Water Diver – eLearning
The PADI Open Water Diver Course Online accompanies the beginner scuba course and is great for those wanting to take their first breath underwater after tackling the theory section of the course in their own time. This is called PADI eLearning and you will complete the entire theory including the final exam online.
If you complete the PADI eLearning online before your arrival, your course duration on Tioman Island can be reduced to 3 to 3 1/2 days.
Go to the PADI eLearning site and purchase your PADI Open Water Online Course now! PADI (not us) will be charging you for it once you sign-up and we can give you a discount on our course fees.
PADI Advanced Open Water Diver – eLearning
Completing The PADI Advanced Open Water Diver Course Online is perfect for those looking to hone their existing skills, learn some new ones and get more comfortable in the water while not using up their time on the island with their head in a book.
Choose the following 5 specialty dives when you study online: Peak Performance Buoyancy, Underwater Navigation, Night Diving, Deep Diving and Wreck Diving.
The PADI Advanced Open Water Diver course can be completed in 2 full days and studying online will allow you to read everything you need to know at your own leisure time so that we can fully focus on the practical part on Tioman.
Purchase your PADI Advanced Open Water Online Course on the PADI eLearning site. PADI (not us) will be charging you for it once you sign-up and we can give you a discount on our course fees.
PADI Enriched Air Nitrox Diver – eLearning
Learn the theory of Enriched Air Nitrox diving right in front of your computer and come to the island only for analyzing your tanks, planning your Nitrox dives and actually going diving! You have to purchase your PADI Enriched Air Online Course via the PADI eLearning site. PADI (not us) will be charging you for it once you sign-up and we can give you a discount on our course fees.
PADI Rescue Diver – eLearning
Learn the detailed theory of the PADI Rescue Diver course at home before coming to Tioman Island for the Rescue Skills and Scenarios. It will save you precious time and allow for a much smoother course on the island! Surely one of the courses where eLearning makes the most sense since there’s quite a bit to study to become a Rescue Diver. Purchase your PADI Rescue Diver Online Course on the PADI eLearning site. PADI (not us) will be charging you for it once you sign-up and we can give you a discount on our course fees.
Other eLearning courses
By now almost every PADI course is available as eLearning. Just email us which course you’re interested in and we will guide you accordingly.
PADI Freediving Courses
Explore a different world and become a PADI Freediver with us
Freediving is about inward power, discipline and control. If you’ve always wanted to enter the underwater world quietly, on your own terms, staying as long as your breath allows, then freediving is for you. Taking the PADI Freediver course is your first step toward discovering why freediving is becoming a popular way to explore beneath the waves.
To enroll in a PADI Freediver course you must be at least 15 years old. You need adequate swimming skills and need to be in good physical health. No prior experience with snorkeling, skin diving or freediving is required.
The PADI Freediver course consists of these three main phases:
- Knowledge Development about Freediving Principles, which you’ll learn through independent self-study with the PADI Freediver Touch App for tables. This is an interactive study tool that gives you all the information you need to safely Freedive and also allows you to learn at your own pace.
- Confined water session to learn breathhold techniques as well as static and dynamic apnea. Goal – static apnea of 90 seconds and dynamic apnea of 25 metres/80 feet.
- Open water sessions to practice free immersion and constant weight freedives, plus proper buddy procedures. Goal – constant weight freedive of 10 metres/30 feet.